Saturday, June 13, 2009

School's Out!

Yesterday was the last day of school. Because summer school is not a go, I will have 2 months to relax and rest. The news of no summer school was bittersweet. I was disappointed that I will not have that extra check but relieved that I have more sanity time. Of course I am beginning my break being sick. I had a sore throat Thursday afternoon but it seemed to be better yesterday. It seems I relapsed last night and now I barely have a voice. It's a good thing I don't need to have a voice for worship at church. I am involved with sound and projection. As long as I don't have a fever I am good to go.
I will probably do a little traveling this summer and try to do a little cleaning around my apartment. I want to get rid of some things in my guest bedroom so I can actually get to the bed. I hope to also develop a workout routine. I have a gym membership but have not been consistently using it (only once since January to be honest). Perhaps the exercise will help the heel pain I have been experiencing.
In the meantime I need to finish packing my classroom. Though there is no guarantee that we will be in our new school in August we still have to box up everything before checking out. I am hoping to be finished by Wednesday. I have some things I will bring home and some I will store at a friend's. What a job!

1 comment:

Heather Hekman said...

Yeah, you're done. Congrats! Sorry you're starting out si8ck , but hopefully you'll be able to relax and heal quickly.